This has been a hard week for me as, An student. Tonight I'm blogging about a recent argument i had with some, who was the same race as am. She is from the islands. This lady had a problem with referring to me as an African American, I was puzzled. She wanted to call me Black American.I have no problem with being called Black American, but I'm more than just a color.I could not understand why she did not want to call me what i insisted to be called furthermore understand the appropriateness of her wording.
I understand where you're coming from. I also see her view. I guess to her you're not African because you're of Caribbean descent. Either way I think it's funny how we label people. White, black, yellow or olive...why do we reference colors? Or even the origin? Why can't we just all be Americans? I don't think it was fair for her to call you black American..you're what I am...American.
ReplyDelete